Faq – introcrowd

How It Works

Intro Crowd are pioneers in strategic land investment. We provide unique opportunities for investors through our secure, online crowdfunding platform.

Key Risks

1What is strategic land?
Strategic land refers to land or property which hasn’t yet reached its development potential. It may be that planning permission, consent or allocation is needed before it becomes viable development land.
2Who can invest?
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the FCA’s rules provide that we are only able to offer our investment opportunities to investors who are considered appropriate to receive the types of financial promotions that are available on our investment platform. In summary, these types of investors include:

1. Certified high net worth individuals

being a person who has an annual income of more the £100,000 or has net assets of more than £250,000. Net assets for these purposes do not include the person's primary residence or money raised through a loan secured on that property; and

2. Self-certified sophisticated investors

being a person that falls within at least one of the following categories:
  • they are a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months;
  • have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the last two years;
  • is working, or has worked in the last two years, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises;
  • is currently, or has been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million
3Will I own some of the land after investing?
The land will be bought by and owned 100% by a separate company, or Investment Vehicle. You will own a share of the company, in proportion to the amount of money you have invested. The Investment Vehicle will own the land, rather than you personally. Your interest will relate to the shares that you hold in the Investment Vehicle, which in turn holds the land.
4Will I need to invest any more capital after my initial investment?
No, there will be no need for you to provide any additional capital. All costs relating to the land investment will be borne out of the total initial amount crowdfunded by investors.

In certain unusual circumstances there may be additional costs incurred in relation to the land. Where any additional costs are incurred, Intro Crowd has the right to take out a loan to fund the additional costs, which will be secured against the relevant land. This loan will be repaid from the gross sale proceeds, once the land is sold. If this situation arises then investors will be informed clearly, fairly and in a transparent way, about the situation and provided with details about the loan which is required.
5What is Greenfield land?
Greenfield land is undeveloped land, normally meaning that, to date, has only been used for agriculture, recreation or has otherwise been left unused.
6Will the land owned by the company get planning permission?
Investors should be aware that investing in land is a speculative investment and there are no guarantees that the land will be granted planning permission. However the company will always own the freehold to the land and this will have normally have value attached to it.
7Will I receive income from investment?
Normally no rental income will be paid to investors, as the land is being held with the aim that planning permission is granted at some point in the future. In the event that the land is rented out then the company would pay an annual dividend to investors.
8Who will pay the cost of obtaining planning permission?
The Investment Vehicle will use funds raised on the platform to appoint specialist planning consultants who have a track record of taking Greenfield sites through the planning process.
9Can I sell my shares prior to planning permission being achieved?
The shares in an Investment Vehicle that holds land are illiquid and your investment cannot normally be released or realised until the land is sold by the Investment Vehicle. However we will offer a matched bargain service, which means that if you notify us that you would like to sell your shares we will attempt to match you with an investor who would like to buy them. Your ability to sell your shares will always depend on whether there is demand by others to buy them. If you would like to know more about our matched bargain service, please contact us at: info@introcrowd.com.
10What happens if Intro Crowd suffers financial distress, will my investment be safe?
Each land investment opportunity is owned by a separate company, which separates it from Intro Crowd and the other Investment Vehicles that hold other investments made on the platform.
11How do I make a payment?
When you choose an investment via the platform to invest in, you will be given payment details to the relevant Investment Vehicle. Which you will then be issued with a share certificate
12What is the Intro Crowd complaints procedure?
We take complaints very seriously. Please call us on +44 (0)20 7118 4040 or e-mail us at: complaints@introcrowd.com.

You also have the right to complain to The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The FOS is a free service to consumers for the impartial resolution of complaints. You may contact the FOS at any stage of your complaint for free and impartial advice but you must have allowed us the opportunity to resolve the complaint within our Internal Complaints Procedure before they will review your complaint. Details of our Internal Complaints procedure are available on request (contact details above) and without charge.

You can contact the FOS directly by email at complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk, by telephone on 0800 0234567, or in writing to The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR.

You can also now make a complaint through the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution Platform (the “ODR Platform”), which can be accessed at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. The ODR Platform can be used for resolving your dispute. Through this platform, you can submit a complaint by filling in an electronic form.
shooting star